Many people involved in long-term relationships realize that they have given up their dreams and plans to be compatible with the other. The difficulty in breaking a link comes from the fear of people who have forgotten what it is like to be fulfilled. This gives growth to a sense of self-doubt that feeds the desire to continue an unhealthy relationship. However, every person should understand that we are alone throughout our whole life, even when we are with someone else. It is not a bad thing, in fact, being free is a good thing for most people.
Ending a relationship can be a delicate act. There is no easy way to tell anyone that you feel the need to finish this chapter in your life. However, experts believe there are various ways that this can become simpler:
– Take full responsibility. Whatever the reason for breaking the relationship, do not blame your partner. Remember that your wishes and needs are not satisfied. This is the main issue. Note that your partner may also feel unsatisfied.
– Be very clear. Take care of the feelings of the other person but do not give it back. It’s easy to be misunderstood when you try to show compassion. You have to make clear if you want the rupture. You can start with replies like, “You do not have to understand me wrong, but I want to split up.” And you do not promise to keep in touch that you will remain friends or you will visit. These are usually, false hopes. If you want to stay in a good relationship with the former partner, give yourself a respite to download and free yourself from the suffering of a relationship.
– Keep your old friends. Do not tell your friends or family that you are going to split up. After splitting, share the fewest details. Do not forget that intimate details are private matters between you and your partner.
– Do not delay the breakdown of the relationship while waiting for the right moment. When you make the decision, go to action. Waiting will make the situation more difficult for both of us. Set up a meeting with your partner you, and if you’re afraid of the other’s reaction, choose a public place. You do not come or go together.
– Get tactful when you take back your personal items. Take most of your personal belongings before your break-up. It’s harder to recover after you’ve finished your relationship. If the former partner still has personal items in your apartment, pack them up and send them as soon as possible.